Welcome Job Seekers!
Want to join our fantastic team? Open positions are posted below.
Per Diem Nurse Aide Instructors
We are looking for talented, skilled nurses (LPNs and RNs) to help relieve the direct care worker staffing crises by helping Temporary Nurse Aides learn the clinical skills they need to provide quality care for their residents and pass their certification exam.
The Nurse Aide Instructor will work on a per diem or casual basis using our curriculum to teach and review clinical skill in an on-site lab environment.
We are looking for LPNs and RNs all over the state of Pennsylvania with some experience teaching, leading, or facilitating training and who are quality focused. We will provide curriculum and training, expense reimbursement, and mileage reimbursement.
We take pride in providing high quality, innovative healthcare training and education to frontline workers to help them forge a pathway to higher skilled job opportunities while meeting the staffing needs of the healthcare industry and its employers and improving quality for the patients, residents and clients.
• Work with the Director of Education to identify available hours, schedule Skills Lab training sessions.
• Provide clinical skills training in a lab environment to a class of 4 to 10 Temporary Nurse Aides.
• Work a minimum of 5 and maximum of 25 hours each week, depending on our need and the instructor’s availability.
• Assess clinical skills in a lab environment using a standard rubric, and provide remediation.
• Evaluate and assess the student’s performance and readiness to sit for the certification exam.
• Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
• Complete and submit required paperwork in a professional and timely manner.
• Responsible for efficient and effective use of all supplies and materials maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction and documenting replacement needs
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with lab sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe learning environment for students.
• Other related duties as assigned
• Current/unrestricted Pennsylvania RN or LPN license.
• At least one year of experience working in a long-term care facility.
• Teaching the Educator certification through Penn State University (preferred but not required).
• Must have reliable transportation and a current valid driver’s license.
• Must be vaccinated and boosted against the Covid-19 virus, or have a waiver.
• Strong communication skills
Prior to receiving an offer of employment, applicants should expect to provide at least two references able to testify to the applicant's ability to meet the qualifications listed above. References are not required prior to application/interview.
Work is conducted from a home-based office. The applicant will be required to travel to lab sites within a 50 mile radius of their home.
$30 - $35 per hour based on experience
Mileage and expense reimbursement.
Note: The Training and Education Fund takes the COVID-19 pandemic seriously. All work conditions described in this posting are subject to alteration in order to ensure the safety of everyone involved in this project.